CARPENTERS WITH PASSION & PRIDE
About the Company
RJM Builders is a customer focused organisation that thrives on the quality of the work it produces and the environment it provides for its team. We believe our customers are the best sales people and strive to deliver a first class experience every time. We are looking for enthusiastic, positive people to join the team who are looking for a career – not just a job.
About the Opportunity:
Due to ongoing growth, RJM Builders now has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious carpenter to join our boutique building company. As a small team of about half a dozen, every member needs to pull their weight. We have big plans and the opportunity for promotion to Project Manager and beyond, to running your own team, is waiting for the right people.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Accurate interpretation of plans and instructions, in relation to projects;
- Completion of carpentry tasks, to a high standard;
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of build, throughout site progress until completion.
- Positive interaction with clients, sub-contractors and team members;
- Maintain and foster supplier/contractor relations
- Maintain OH&S and cleanliness, on-site.
To be considered for this position you will have significant experience in trade/construction services or experience in a similar industry. Any relevant qualifications, whilst not essential, will be highly regarded.
Importantly you will be a match for our values of:
- Customer focused, with the drive to deliver on our commitment to excellence in customer service each and every day
- Highly efficiency, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task to complete your workload.
- Initiative – the ability to think on your feet.
- Able to enjoy working as part of a team, whilst simultaneously being able to work effectively autonomously.
Skill and Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have a proven record to contribute to quality build homes, to budget and on time.
- Have strong OH & S standards
- A trade qualification.
You will be able to work autonomously on a variety of tasks and projects, effectively managing competing timelines whilst staying flexible enough to deal with urgent situations as required.
A passion for the industry is a must as is creative thinking when it comes to solving problems.
About the Benefits:
RJM Builders is a supportive, team orientated business with a great internal culture. Already a regional leader and still experiencing significant growth, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain job stability with personal development and future career progression opportunities.
- Long term career opportunity
- Above market salary
- Working on award winning projects
- Fun & Friendly work environment
They are offering an attractive base salary of $50,000 plus super.
Bring your skills, knowledge and passion to this leading organisation and play a pivotal role to the growth and development of RJM Builders.
To be considered for this position, please DO NOT send a cover letter and resume.
Please email email@example.com with the answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like a role/position with RJM Builders?
- What would a past employer say your top 5 attributes are?
- Please list any relevant qualifications you hold, including institution names and dates obtained.
- Please outline your experience in the carpentry trade, highlighting any specific experience in the trade/construction industry.
- Please list your relevant carpentry experience, including company size, key deliverables and organisation names.
- What are three outcomes you looking for in your next role/position?
- What has been your life’s greatest achievement?;
- What frustrated you most, about your last position or job?
- If successful, when would you be available to commence with RJM Builders?
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.