Home Builder Scheme 2020
The Australian Government has released a new stimulus package to help boost jobs within the construction industry affected by the global pandemic. The grant is aimed at those wishing to start a new home build or renovation project and engage a professional registered Builder to complete the project.
The Australian government will continue to release updated information on the time-limited grant, and how you can apply. register your interest below and we will advise you once Queensland has registered to join the scheme!
General Terms & Conditions
- Grants of $25,000 to those starting a Renovation or New Build
- Recipients must invest $150,000 themselves towards the project
- New Builds capped at $750,000
- Renovations must be priced between $150,000 – $750,000
- Renovated homes must have a value of less then 1.5mill prior to the renovation
- Excludes Individuals with an annual income of $125,000+ & Couples with a joint income of $200,000+
- The scheme will not apply to investment properties or owners who intend on building or renovating on their own without the help of builders, Owner-Builders are also ineligible
- Contracts are to be executed between 4 June & 31 December 2020
- All eligible builders be licensed or registered before the Government’s announcement
- Renovation work will not include structures separate to the main property, such as swimming pools, tennis courts and sheds.